15 August 2012

Taswegia | Part Two |

Let me tell you about Woodbridge.

It is small. Very cute and "Escape to the Country"esque yet small. However, it does have something which is worth stopping for.

That is the local shop which is part tiny supermarket, part museum and part lolly shop. Yes, you read it correctly -  a lolly shop. For sweet tooth's like me, this could be dangerous. I prided myself on showing restraint and holding onto my camera tightly instead of rifling through my purse for loose change.



Looks innocent enough. I mean, the Mayor appears to be up to something, according to the paper. However this shop looks quiet and unassuming.



So I see they have a few different flavours and types here for sale. Nice little variety. Oh wait, is this just a teaser to the rest of it?



Behold!! The Aladdin's Cave of sugary evil. Diabetic coma, anyone?




After you have eaten so much sugar that you are now at the point where you have forgotten your own name, and your tongue is pulsating to its own little rave, you can attempt to crawl into these comfy little huts. However this may require the ability to shrink. This would be quite amusing for others, who have not partaken in tripping the candy fantastic, to watch and I suspect they may do something more sane with these, like use them as bird houses.





I personally cannot stand the taste of Aniseed but I did take a photo of this for The Husband who was stuck back in our home state looking after The Littles. I suppose I should have bought him some but I have promised him that when we move down, I will show him how to get to the shop to buy his own. That is the kind of person I am; kind and generous to a fault.



2 comments:

  1. I do not have a sweet tooth so would enjoy the itty bitty houses more. Thanks for photographing things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sweet tooth. But it is hampered by the pain that radiates through my mouth which makes me want to reach for a hammer to numb the experience.

      Delete

Comments are like blogger's chocolate. We LOVE them.