24 September 2012

Breathing In and Breathing Out | Unschool Monday |

It is a scientific fact that you cannot hold your breath forever. The body will spontaneously respond to get its systems back up and functioning normally again.  As is what is happening here at Unicorn Manor. I could choose to spend my time white knuckling and holding my breath, refusing to make any concrete steps towards "schooling" Imp. Or I could put on my Big Mama Pants™, breathe out and get on with it. I decided upon the Pants™

I am taking steps to try and have reached out to the homeschooling community here in the area to see if there are any Waldorf inspired homeschoolers that we can connect with. Now we wait for a response.

Breathe In.

Part of my weekend was spent conversing with Kestrel in regards to how to start creating Circle Time for Imp and Squeak, who may be too little yet to want to be involved but we will see.

Breathe Out.

I listen out for Imp and Squeak and there is nothing. Silence. Oh shudder.

Breathe In.

house 025 copy

My concern was unfounded as I find them raiding their craft box to do some beading. *whispers* I could almost call this "handwork?" Yes?


house 023 copy

Breathe Out.

I take the moment to leave them to concentrate on their work and type out this post. Then I hear raised voices of frustration from The Littles as they attempt to negotiate who can have the fairy plate with the beads on it. Negotiations sound intense and soon I hear stomping of bigger feet across floor boards.

Breathe In and Out in rapid succession.



house 001

Rolling with the Owlet crew on another Unschool Monday.


PS. Since writing this post, The Littles got out the glitter. Pass me a paper bag.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cybele, you are one brave mama!
    Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
    And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kat. Oh gosh, is it upon us already? I will pop over and have a look.

      Delete

Comments are like blogger's chocolate. We LOVE them.