21 February 2013

My Johnson Obsession

Yes I am obsessed with Johnson dinnerware.

It started out as just a passing admiration for them but it has since developed in a full blown enthusiasm to collect as much as possible. It can be a bit hit and miss around here in regards to finding pieces from Johnson that sometimes you don't see anything for a while. Then you pop into a church oppy,  find four butter plates and four dinner plates while trying to stop yourself from hyperventilating. So what do you when you find yourself in that situation? You buy the lot of course. Not that I needed all of them but I couldn't help myself. Now what do I with them?! Suggestions?

My collection is rather tiny at the moment and want to add to it, but considering we are attempting to downsize I may have to curb pack on my lust for the stuff. I may just have to blog hop and drool over everyone else's pieces. 


nicknack 006 copy

nicknack 013 copy

12 comments:

  1. It's so earthy isn't it, I love those mugs the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just lovely? I grabbed two of each. The one on the left is for Imp so she can have her morning cup of warm milk in it.

      Delete
  2. I hear you on this one! I have the same obsession but with Crown Lynn which is the kiwi equivalent. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a Crown Lynn plate!! It split right down the middle and I was devastated. I think it was the Forma one?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aren't they just lovely? I made an audible gasp when I spied them and for 20 cents each, I could not leave them there.

      Delete
  4. I do love your collection, I have just one I don't seem to be quite so lucky with finding them I would love some more though. Maybe you could put them up on the wall as a decoration, plates look lovely hanging up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you see the plate with the leaves on it? Top right hand side? I have a few of them. Would you like one?

      Delete
  5. Oh very sweet and a nice addiction to have xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber. My other great love is yarn.

      Delete
  6. Oh those mugs *dies* of envy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! These remind me of my childhood. I can't remember who had them, perhaps my nan? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like blogger's chocolate. We LOVE them.