4 April 2013

A moment

Big and small
Imp and her Daddy with their respective cameras, taking in our new surroundings.


I can't even begin to describe what it is like living here now. It is like we have been transported to another world. Like "plop -here you go." So much is different here: the crispness of the morning air, the gradient shade of blue in the sky, the soil, the trees which are slowly changing colour to reveal the arrival of autumn, the birds - everything!!

Husband is continually blown away by what he sees. The mountain is a constant source of awe to him and he appears to be drawn to it like a magnet. He also photographed and witnessed his first ever aurora, which was on his bucket list; a happy man indeed.

The Littles are taking it all in their stride. Squeak still asks, "where are we?" every now and then. But they are discovering new things which keenly take their interest. Like the house, which backs onto the Channel Highway, that  has a weekly flag change. So far we has seen the New Zealand flag, a shot of earth from space, the French flag and a smilie face. The last one is running as current favourite.

Tomorrow is Squeak's birthday and a small gathering of friends is planned for her. I hope her day is full of joy, even though Husband cannot take time off work from his new job to celebrate with her. So we will spend Saturday doing some fun things with her, like maybe having some pancakes at the Pancake Train maybe followed by Mama being sedated while we go over on the ferry to Bruny Island.

Stay tuned.




10 comments:

  1. Exciting times. All of that exploring to do when you find yourself calling a different place home. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so exciting. I love this little place already and I haven't discovered all her secrets yet.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how even the sky can be different.
    ps It's my husband and sons (and uncles) birthday tomorrow, must be a good day to be born!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. She ended up having a lovely day surrounded by friends and so much love.

      Delete
  3. The aurora, how fantastic, and auspicious-sounds like you guys really are where you are meant to be. Can you see the mountain from your place? I cant think of anything nicer than watching the sun go down on a mountain view x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I look out my kitchen window and crane my head sharply to the right, then I can sort of see her. I can see all the way to the top from my front yard. It is so ominous though. She just LOOMS and presides over everything.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful blog you have here! Enjoy exploring your new home and happy birthday to your little one! I look forward to following along on your journey! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you very much. I keep forgetting to blog about our adventures so I have a document of our settling in.

      Delete
  5. The mountain is the backdrop to our lives too - and I love seeing her every day
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have your fire on yet? Mine has been on quite a lot lately because we aren't quite used to the cold yet. It hailed here last night - teeny tiny hail and not at all like the large marble to golfball size I am used to.

      Delete

Comments are like blogger's chocolate. We LOVE them.