8 May 2013

Go Slow


Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Slowing down is most definitely the theme we have adopted at the moment. We are into our fourth week of illness in the household, starting with Squeak and now hitting Imp. There really is no choice but for us to go slow for the now.

It is also gives me the opportunity to stop and take notice of the little things around me. To watch the season of Autumn start to slowly drift towards winter. Noticing the difference in the sun and how it illuminates the morning sky. The dew adding nature's glitter to all it touches. To appreciate being wrapped in a blanket of warmth in our house while we recuperate. These are the moments which help me breathe out after very long weeks of coughs, tears and frayed tempers which comes with all of us being unwell.

I am also seizing the opportunity to use up all my scrap yarn to knit Squeak a little cardigan to keep her warm against the coming winter. This is a first for me so I am eager to see how well this turns out. Look out for more photos to come (if successful.)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for popping in and checking on us.

      Delete
  2. Hope the cardigan knitting goes well.
    Lovely autumn captures and hope you all feel better.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is finished! I just need to block it now and it is done. Gosh I hope it fits her.

      Delete
  3. I hope you are all on the mend. Lovely photos. It's funny how being sick forces us to slow down a bit and take notice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Imp has missed out on her Eurthymy class last week because she was unwell. Made for a very unhappy little girl.

      Delete

Comments are like blogger's chocolate. We LOVE them.