2 May 2013

Nature's Night Show

aurora


I cannot take credit for this photo. This one was taken by Husband who with awe, excitement and patience, stood outside in the unbelievably cold nights air (4C) to shoot frame after frame. This was the first time that I, and the girls, had witnessed something so beautiful. It was just spectacular last night as even with my own eyes I could faintly see the beams shoot to the highest points of the sky.

Husband uttered softly "I have waited 30 odd years to see this" and I think he can agree with me it was so worth the wait. We live in the most beautiful part of the world. We really do.

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I thought you would only ever get to see that when visiting the Northern Lights............amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No there is Southern Lights. You should be able to see them NZ too, yeah?

      Delete
  2. Oh so so lovely. this made my evening. I so hope someday to see the aurora borealis. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely for the "to do" list.

      Delete
  3. wow. this is on my list of things to see one day... so you can see Aurora Australis from Tassie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and beautiful. I didn't know that you could see it in Tassie, just gives me (and Hubby) something else to look forward to when we move to Tas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see it in Tassie. In fact there was another faint one last night which hit here very early this morning. I didn't have the motivation to get out of bed and drive in the cold.

      Delete

Comments are like blogger's chocolate. We LOVE them.