23 June 2013

25/52

Winter has most definitely arrived here. We were greeted on the Solstice morning with a beautiful surprise by Jack Frost, who had redecorated nature in icy cold jewelry. It was crisp, invigorating and state to behold; a forgotten reminder of my childhood.

Skywhale


Imp in awe and photographing The Skywhale which was here as a part of Dark MoFo. It was very cold up on Regatta Grounds so we didn't stay out for too long.




Joining in with Che and Fidel



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Just loved the Skywhale, such a great experience to have. esp for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently the Skywhale was here in Launceston today (and we missed it, boo hoo!) You have captured the concentration perfectly. We find here that craft (and particularly paint) really soothes and focuses the girls (even me!) Loved the light in your first picture - it drew me in xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glow off the Skywhale was amazing. You could see it as you headed down the Channel towards town. The girls were squealing in the back of the car.

      Delete
  3. so so beautiful. these two photos compliment each other so so well. I will have to look up this skywhale. I want to know what it is! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing art installation which really had a lot of Aussies here scratching our heads. It was renamed Hindenboob by someone in the social media.

      Delete
  4. I had to Google what Dark MOFO is. I'm glad I did. The skywhale - that's a site! My initial reaction was 'this should be an American thing, because I'd love to hear newscasters repeatedly say mofo on TV.' Clearly it doesn't mean the same thing in Australia as it does here :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the stillness and warmth in these portraits...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like blogger's chocolate. We LOVE them.